Kozlovic's Malvazija is an iconic example of Istrian Malvasia that grows in the West Istrian region on the flysch, limestone, and clay soil vineyards.
This vintage gave us an exceptionally good wine of medium body, dry on the palate with refreshing acidity while still preserving its essence of Mediterranean terroir. Fruity and floral with some herbal bitters, it is complex and persistent in taste. Its aftertaste is salty and lasting, cleaning the palate and inviting for another sip.
It's best consumed young and fresh, but has an ageing potential of 3-4 years.
Best served at 10-12 C.
Serve it with risottos, white fish, salmon, poultry, pasta with creamy sauces or lightly spiced Asian dishes.
- Wine specs:
- Grape variety: Istrian Malvasia
- Category: dry white wines
- Wine-growing area: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: Vale, Santa Lucia, Contarini
- Vineyard age: 15 – 60 years
- Altitude of vineyard: 200-240 m
- Vineyard orientation: south, southwest
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone, clay
- Harvested: by hand
- Vinification: manual grape selection, cryo maceration 12-24 h, pressing, fermentation
- Aging: inox 7 months
- Alcohol by volume: 13,5 %vol
- Total acidity: 5,5 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 2,0 g/l
- Serving temperature: 10-12 °C
- Article number
There are no reviews written yet about this product..