Monovarietal wine made of Teran - local grape variety. Grapes for this wine are harvested by hand and the wine, after 10 days of maceration and fermentation, is transferred for ageing into wooden 30hl barrels for 8 months.
It has deep almost opaque purple color and intense scents of small red and black berry fruits such as raspberry, blueberry, strawberry with some peppery and forest-like hints. Dry on the palate. This one is certainly not shy to display its acidities, a hard-coded feature of its DNA. Medium bodied with low tannin content and refreshing finish. Wild at heart, true to its roots! This wine is ready to be consumed immediately, but has an ageing potential of about 5 years. It's expected it will further develop over years.
Best served at 16°C
Serve it with grilled meat, stew or mushrooms. But also good with pasta, minced and cured meat.
Detailed vinification information:
- Grape variety: Teran
- Category: dry red wines
- Wine-growing area: Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: Žmergo
- Vineyard age: 31 years
- Altitude of vineyard: 240 m
- Vineyard orientation: south
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone, clay
- Harvested: by hand
- Vinification: 10 days maceration and fermentation
- Aging: 8 months in wooden barrels 30 hl
- Alcohol by volume: 12,5 %vol
- Total acidity: 5,7 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 2,4 g/l
- Bottle size: 0,75 l
- Serving temperature: 16 °C