Kozlovic Malvazija 2017
Kozlovic Malvazija 2017€15,95
SKU : 2018022
- Grape variety: Istrian Malvasia
- Category: dry white wines
- Wine-growing area: West Istria, Croatia
- Vineyard: Vale, Santa Lucia, Contarini
- Vineyard age: 10 – 57 years
- Altitude of vineyard: 200-240 m
- Vineyard orientation: south, southwest
- Soil composition: flysch, limestone, clay
- Harvested: by hand
- Vinification: manual grape selection,
cryo maceration 12-24 h, pressing, fermentation
- Aging: inox 7 months
- Alcohol by volume: 12,5 %vol
- Total acidity: 5,7 g/l
- Unfermented sugar: 1,3 g/l
- Bottle size: 0,75 l
- Serving temperature: 10-12 °C
This iconic example of Istrian Malvasia grows in the West Istrian region on the flysch, limestone, clay soil vineyards. The grapes are harvested and selected by hand and the wine is aged for 7 months in inox.
Medium body, with aromas and flavours of ripe stone fruits such as peach, apricot and lemon, followed by herbal aroma of fresh sage (classic malvasia scent). It's best consumed young and fresh, but has an ageing potential of 3-4 years.
Best served at 10-12°C
Serve it with risottos, white fish, salmon, scallops, poultry, or pasta with creamy sauces.
Decanter wine review
Tasted by Tina Gellie(at Hallgarten & Novum Annual Tasting, 28 Jan 2019)
"The Kozlovic family have been making wine since 1904 and now farm 25ha. This is a serious and opulent Malvasija, showing juicy concentration of peach, mango and pear, hints of meadow flowers and saline minerality, and bright, lingering acidity"
Read more at https://www.decanter.com/wine-reviews/croatia/coastal/kozlovic-malvazija-istria-coastal-croatia-2017-30686#jTxFUPhrvrT0gfhc.99
Detailed vinification information: